Terms of Service for Commissions
● Prices are subject to change based on demand.
● I have the right to reject any commission for any reason.
● Currency accepted is USD (United States Dollar) and can be paid through
PayPal or Venmo. (paypal : firstname.lastname@example.org )(venmo :
@steffani-christensen). Please contact me directly for another means of payment.
● Commissions can be paid either 100% upfront or split 50% upfront and 50%
after final sketch approval.
● DO NOT send any payment before I have agreed to do the commission and
requested you to send me the payment.
• In the event that the commission is cancelled at the time of our scheduled commission , a 25% fee will be charged.
03/PROCESS & DELIVERY
● The time it takes to finish your commission varies 1 week - 3 months
depending on factors such as health, the complexity of the commissioned
piece, other work, and holiday seasons.
● Once the piece is finished you will receive the full-resolution image. NOTE: This is a digital file only, not physical
product. Depending on where you live, we can arrange to have the artwork
printed, please inquire for more details.
● You get 3 rounds of changes on the commissioned piece during the sketch
phase included in the price .
● A fee will be added if you want something changed on the final drawing -
unless a misunderstanding from my side has been made.
● If you wish for me to change something in the drawing you have previously
approved, I will charge you a fee to change it. The amount of the extra
charge depends on the change you want me to make and is usually based
on an hourly wage.
● If your reference is unclear to start with changes will come at an extra
05/COPYRIGHT & USAGE
● I, Steffani Christensen, Art By Steffani, (the artist):
○ I reserve the right to cancel and refund the order at any time for
○ I retain all copyrights over the commissioned artwork.
○ I will NOT claim the intellectual property (IP) of the commissioned
○ I will NOT profit further from the commissioned artwork unless you
(the customer) break any of the terms or it is something we have previously discussed.
○ I reserve the right to post the commissioned artwork via social
online networks, in my portfolio, as well as in publications such as
● You (the customer/commissioner):
○ You may upload the commissioned artwork on any of your
personal website and social channels.
○ You may NOT make profits from the commissioned piece
(reselling, redistributing, uploading to POD-services, make prints
for any use aside from personal, etc.) unless a commercial license is purchased.
○ You may NOT alter the commissioned artwork without my (the
○ You retain the rights to the intellectual property (IP).
○ You may NOT use the commissioned artwork for commercial
purposes such as stated above unless we discussed and agreed to such use.
● The following is considered copyright infringement:
○ Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially - means
making money off it in any way not excluded from these terms.
○ Claiming the artwork as your own
○ Altering the artwork without my consent
● In some cases, the commercial rights to the image may be purchased.
06/CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
● The buyer is not allowed a refund once I have started working on the
● If for any reason I am unable to start your commission you will receive a full
● If you cancel your order before I have started it, you will get a 75%l refund.
● If you are getting a refund, DO NOT request a PayPal chargeback. I will
transfer the money back to you myself.
● If you request a Paypal chargeback at any point when you have breached any of these terms, you will lose all
aforementioned rights to the commissioned piece and I will have the full
right to profit further from it in any way. I will decline the chargeback and
supply PayPal with our conversations about the commission
as evidence that I have completed work for you. You will also be blacklisted for commissioning me again.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
● Sketch and/or final sketches that you must approve before I continue the
● Insight and involvement in color plan and layout. (depending on the
complexity of the commissioned piece)
● Full-resolution file (approx. 300 DPI minimum) of final drawing
and a smaller version compatible for internet upload if requested. Final file formats are usually PNG or JPEG unless otherwise requested.